Friday, July 4

Kungfu Panda


When it first came out, I didn't have much second thoughts or doubts about this movie. Initially I thought it would be one of those "it's gonna be one of those animation movies - boring!", but I told myself that I should go to the movies to watch this one... maybe it will be worth going to the movies to watch it. And so I decided that I shall do it. I went down to the city the week before in hopes of being able to convince Henry to come along with me, sadly he refuses to sit through a show looking at a fat panda, in comparison to his lovable PP. Finally, I took the time to watch it in Frankston on a nice Sunday afternoon (only to get drenched by rain as I walked out of my house to head to the cinema). It was also my very first time watching a movie in Frankston, so imagine my excitement as I was walking to it. Turns out that you pay eight dollars for a movie on Sundays, and it's free seating! That's not only a good price, but apparently you can get a good seat if you're early enough to plant yourself right smack centre and you get the best view. I chose to be there at about 1.55pm for a show at 2.00pm, so you could imagine who I was up against: a bunch of kids with their mums and dads and siblings. I found a nice spot by the side too, so I wasn't deprived of the wide-screen experience. After almost a hundred minutes of the show, I have to admit that this is probably by far the best animation I've watched (Ratatouille was first, but this had to be my biggest favourite). The movie not only stayed true to its Chinese authenticity (with its Master Oogway/乌龟 and all of its splendor with it's Jade Palace etc) but something about the story line that felt fresh and different and it stood out. Jack Black who portrayed as Po, the fat panda did his thing as usual, although I would have liked the other cast to have a little more lines as they were a little too quiet in the movie (like Angelina Jolie, Jackie Chan, Lucy Liu and Seth Rogen who probably does the least as the quiet Mantis) but the punch lines, the jokes were there for a reason. The moral of the story is a meaningful one too: in my interpretation, it's about believing in yourself to be something you want to be. Therefore, I rate this movie 9 out of 10. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, and for me now, it's either I spend another time watching it in cinemas or to just sit and wait for its DVD to appear on the shelves of stores. It's a must-buy for me now! My next movie to look out for will be Wall.E. The trailer looks interesting, and I'm a big fan of Pixar productions since Cars and The Incredibles... fingers crossed it'll be amazing.


Glad that the week's over. This past week has been a hectic time at work, with beginning of the month and having massive (and I really mean M-A-S-S-I-V-E) orders and getting stuff-ups and arguments between my boss and my preceptor and getting told off... I couldn't be bothered, I'm just looking forward to my holiday. They can work it out themselves for the next two weeks. And I'm gonna start packing my luggage right now!

No comments: